Other People's Money
Thursday, August 30, 2018
Indiana Wesleyan University (Marion, IN) opened their new Fountain Plaza. The design utilizes key elements to honor the University's Christian heritage, which calls us to serve one another:
• the cross represents Jesus Christ and His sacrifice
• the triangle represents the Holy Trinity as well as the original campus shape
• the bronze bowl is textured to symbolize the Potter's Hand at work and the 3 streams of water flowing from it represent a charge to change and bring to life God's calling
• the two streams symbolize life, knowledge, service and God's calling, and they flow toward two important parts of the campus that are critical to student development
• inscriptions on the three stone benches embody important qualities: Scholarship, Leadership and Character
The goal of the Fountain Plaza is to create a spiritual impact to those who enter. Whether it be through a carefully designed program or special moment, the hope and prayer is that staff, students and visitors sense God's hand at work as He calls them to action to serve Him and others.
If you would like a moving experience, visit the Indiana Wesleyan University campus and take a walk around, it just might change or enhance your spiritual calling (www.indwes.edu).
1 of 22